Pathfinder Thanksgiving Pies – Silver Tip Pathfinders have made hundreds of apple pies. They are frozen and ready to go with full baking instructions. Pies are $10 each and can be picked up Thursdays from 6-8 pm at 1035 Hollywood Rd. Thanks to all volunteers – Pathfinders, parents, grandparents & PF leaders for their fundraising efforts last Sunday. We need the freezer storage to be cleared of pies as soon as possible to save on electricity costs!
All kids 10 – 15 years old and interested in learning more about Jesus, His creation, teamwork, camping, marching and drill for 2 hours per week on Thursdays from 6 – 8 pm – join up for Pathfinders this year! Registration for new and continuing Pathfinders is Thursday, September 12 at 6 pm at the Silver Tip Pathfinder Clubhouse attached to the Okanagan Christian School Gym, 1035 Hollywood Road.
Pathfinders is a Seventh-day Adventist Church sponsored activity for children and teens. It began almost 100 years ago and has grown to such proportions worldwide that when they hold the International Camporee, thousands of Pathfinders join together for the week long event. The mission statement of the event held in 2014 in Oshkosh, WI was: to claim, reclaim & retain youth for Christ and His Church. Our events are the implementation and practice of youth evangelism.
In the Kelowna area, the Silver Tip Pathfinder Club was restarted on September 17, 2014. This year there are a dozen children ages 9-16 years participating locally with a number of staff and supporters to guide them. Meetings are Thursday evenings from 6 - 8pm at the Pathfinder Building on Hollywood Road in Rutland. It adjoins the Okanagan Christian School (OCS). Contact Pastor Neil Peralta, at (778) 583-0464 for further information.
Many events are planned for the coming year such as the first Campout in October and a bottle drive.
Who are Pathfinders? Pathfinders are a worldwide organization of young people sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, though young people of any religious persuasion, or none at all, are welcome and encouraged to join the organization.
Pathfinders offer a wide range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Camping & camping/survival skills .
- Grade appropriate leadership training.
- Activities promoting community pride & involvement through outreach activities such as helping in downtown soup kitchens, collecting food for the disadvantaged, cleaning & maintaining city and county parks, visiting and encouraging the elderly, and MANY more.
- Interactive training in a variety of recreational, artistic, nature, conservation, vocational, and outreach areas, with awards (honours) given for successful completion of the interactive training modules.
- Personal care and encouragement by a caring staff member! While many school classrooms have 10-30 students per teacher, Pathfinders offers AT LEAST a 1 staff member to every 5 Pathfinder ratio!