The Ministries of our Church
Pathfinders is offering early registration this year. If you, or someone you know is between the ages 9-16, the Pathfinder Clubhouse is where you want to be on Thursday nights from 6- 8:00pm. We have some summer events for those who have registered early, otherwise we will start in September 2017. For more information, contact Kelly. 250-863-0265.
Pathfinders is a Seventh-day Adventist Church sponsored activity for children and teens. It began almost 100 years ago and has grown to such proportions worldwide that when they hold the International Camporee, thousands of Pathfinders join together for the week long event. The mission statement of the event held in 2014 in Oshkosh, WI was: to claim, reclaim & retain youth for Christ and His Church. Our events are the implementation and practice of youth evangelism.In the Kelowna area, the Silver Tip Pathfinder Club has been restarted on September 17, 2014. This year there are a dozen children ages 9-16 years participating locally with a number of staff and supporters to guide them. Meetings are Thursday evenings from 6-8 pm at the Pathfinder Building on Hollywood Road in Rutland. It adjoins the Okanagan Adventist Academy (OKAA). Contact Kelly Philip, Director, at (250) 863-0265 for further information.
Many events are planned for the coming year such as the first Campout in October and a bottle drive.
Who are Pathfinders? Pathfinders are a worldwide organization of young people sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, though young people of any religious persuasion, or none at all, are welcome and encouraged to join the organization.
Pathfinders offer a wide range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Camping & camping/survival skills
- Grade appropriate leadership training
- Activities promoting community pride & involvement through outreach activities such as helping in downtown soup kitchens, collecting food for the disadvantaged, cleaning & maintaining city and county parks, visiting and encouraging the elderly, and MANY more
- Interactive training in a variety of recreational, artistic, nature, conservation, vocational, and outreach areas, with awards (honours) given for successful completion of the interactive training modules
- Personal care and encouragement by a caring staff member! While many school classrooms have 10-30 students per teacher, Pathfinders offers AT LEAST a 1 staff member to every 5 Pathfinder ratio!